Hey guys! I am so sorry I’ve been MIA but as you all know, this is SUCH a crazy time of year!! And, in case you want to add to your incredibly busy schedule (thank goodness summer is almost here!) I did want to let y’all know about the next few Wednesday night meetings from 7:00-8:00pm at the Atlanta Center for Holistic and Integrative Medicine.
This Wednesday 22nd – I will be bringing in and discussing the main things I cook with, bake with, season with, as well as substitutions (e.g. arrow root for flour). I will educate on what and why I use what I use so you will be able to fill your pantry and be ready to cook just about any healthy meal (at least most of the ones on this blog).
Next Wednesday 29th – We’ll cover a range of topics. How to order healthy when eating out. Some of my favorite resturants. How to deal with pressure at social events. I will also talk about other health issues like being alkaline versus acidic and will also touch on our stress hormones and how they affect us.
Lastly, Wednesday June 5th – This will be a make-up from last Wednesday’s class. I will be going into more depth regarding allergies, intolerances and how it’s affecting our country and our families. It should be very educational!
Next month we will focus on kids! I am excited about those and will be sure to give y’all details in case you want to attend.
Okay, on to the food!! By the way, did anyone make those paleo Reece’s cups? Oh my goodness they are amazing, aren’t they?
So for dinner the other night we had Lamb meatballs with Lemon Cumin yogurt and they were really good! Honestly though, I’m still not sure where on land on the lamb side of things. Some people love it and claim it’s their favorite piece of meat, and well, others can’t stand it. I go back and forth. While I’m really starting to enjoy it more, I do think it might be a bit of an acquired taste. Regardless of whether you like it or not, you could make these meatballs using ground lamb, or beef and I think they would be good either way. I’m not sure if the yogurt would go as well with the beef but it did make these meatballs. They wouldn’t have been the same without it!
It was certainly different from our every day meals but I enjoyed the change thoroughly. I hope you like it too!
- For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground lamb
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp celtic salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- For the yogurt:
- 7 ounces whole-milk or 2% Greek yogurt. I used Fage
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp cumin
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Using a tbsp spoon, form into ball shape and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until meatballs are no longer pink in the middle, which should be about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all yogurt ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well. Serve with the meatballs.