Hi all! I hope you guys are hanging in during this crazy time. It has a been a really long time since I’ve posted, and to be honest, I wasn’t sure if I would ever post again. But over the past year or so, I’ve come up with a few new recipes that have become such staples that I wanted to share. I kept thinking, if only I had some time, I would post. Ha, who would have ever thought we would all have so much time!? Be careful what you ask for!
Anyway, I know my site is a little old, and my typing might be rusty, but hopefully the recipe is one you end up loving as much as I do. It’s easy, hearty, and tasty!!
The recipe I want to share today is a new favorite. It’s my Chicken Broccoli Casserole. You can use cauliflower rice, as I do often, but they didn’t have any at the store today. It gives it that nice heartier texture but is just as good without it so do whatever you prefer!
You can cut your own mushrooms and broccoli and make your own chicken, but to make it as easy as possible, I use these ingredients…
The nutritional yeast gives it a nice cheesy-like flavor with adding LOTS of B vitamins! You can make it without, I have a few times, but I do prefer it with the yeast. You can get it at Whole Foods, Sprouts, Amazon, and Vitacost.
- 2 packs of broccoli or about 24 oz of crowns
- 2 packs of mushrooms or just 1 if you don't love mushrooms but I think it really make this recipes but you could substitute or/add cauliflower rice.
- optional bag of cauliflower rice
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/4 cup or about half a jar of mayo (i love the Primal or Chosen Foods avocado mayo)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Wash the mushrooms in a colander and pat them dry with a paper towel. Put them in a large pot with 2 tbsp of butter or ghee. Stir occasionally for about 10-15 min or until nice and brown.
- While that is cooking, shred your chicken and put it on a separate plate.
- Next, steam your broccoli (and cauliflower rice if you decide to use it.). You can either just microwave the bags, one at a time for 2 1/2 minutes, yes it's not as good for yo with the plastic bag on high heat, but it definitely the easiest (just take the broccoli out of the bag ASAP and dump it with the cooked mushrooms), or add about 1 cup of water to another pot and add the broccoli and allow it to steam until nice and tender, for about 5-6 minutes.
- Next, add the broccoli, cauliflower rice if you used it, and chicken the large pot with the mushrooms. Add the remaining ingredients and stir all together.
- Put everything in a glass casserole dish and bake it 35 minutes.