I had a friend ask me yesterday about a good recipe to take on a girls trip, and I told her she HAD to bring this BBQ pork tenderloin. I’m glad she asked, as I’ve been meaning to share this recipe for the longest time! Anyway, this BBQ is what I have brought the last couple of times we went on a trip with friends because everyone seems to love it, and it is sooo easy to prep.
All you have to do is put 3 or so pounds of pork loins in a crock pot, cover the pork with BBQ sauce and let it cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 or so. You’ll know when the pork is done as the meat will fall apart when you put a fork in the loin. I highly recommend this Fox Brothers sauce (you can find at Costco or Whole Foods). It has the perfect amount of sweetness, and it doesn’t contain any high fructose corn syrup.
Then add the Habanero Tessemae’s (Whole Foods, Kroger, or from the Tessemae’s web site) to a shredded cabbage/coleslaw mix. Add some lime juice and cilantro if you want, and serve with warm tortillas. We use corn or Siete tortillas. I hope y’all like it!
Guacamole goes well with it, too! We actually used this guacamole that I got from Publix with it once and it was really good. I love the tomatillos in it!
- Pork tenderloin, 3 lbs (you can easily do more or less depending on how many you're cooking for). About 2lbs is good for my family of 4 but without any leftovers. But we eat a lot, too!
- Fox Brothers BBQ Sauce or your favorite BBQ sauce
- Tessemae's Habanero (Whole Foods or Kroger or Tessemaes.com)
- Pre-cut cabbage
- Guacamole, if you would like to add to your taco
- Corn tortillas (But I personally love the Siete ones)
- Clean off your pork loins but trimming any excess fat or taking off that weird clear-ish thing, if you want. I've learned you also don't have to take that much off as it will fall off anyway with this recipe.
- Place pork loins in a crock pot and add a good bit of the BBQ sauce or so it covers most of your loins.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. You'll know when the pork is done as the meat will fall apart when you put a fork in the loin.
- Then add Habanero Tessemae's to the shredded cabbage, some lime juice and cilantro if you want.
- Put pan on medium heat and warm tortillas, serve immediately and enjoy!