I am so used to my quick shopping routine at Costco that I don’t typically take time to go down every single aisle. But today, I did just that (well, the food aisles). I was so excited with all the good stuff I found, I wanted to share it with you all. Alice kept giggling at me because I was so excited. I love good healthy food, and I love a deal, so the two together were a happy combination for me. Here are most of the things we got today. In case it’s hard to tell what is what, you can see my more detailed list below…
- Organic chia seeds
- Organic lentil noodles (21 grams protein/13 grams fiber per serving)
- Organic chicken breasts
- Organic whole chicken
- Muir glen tomatoes (in BPA free cans)
- Black bean noodles (25 grams protein/12 grams fiber per serving)
- Love crunch (with only 6 grams of sugar per serving, this is my husband’s favorite granola)
- Organic freeze dried apple chips
- Organic frozen strawberries (perfect for our strawberry smoothie)
- Organic wild frozen blueberries are great for muffins or smoothies and they have more antioxidants more than the average blueberry!
- Kerrygold grass-fed butter
- Organic quinoa and brown rice (just heat and serve with some Kerrygold, ghee or olive oil)
- Wild salmon fillets
Some other staples for us that I didn’t need on this last trip include:
- Fresh Organic Spinach
- Organic Almond Butter (Brad’s Organic)
- Organic Eggs (comes in handy when making muffins with 9 eggs in the recipe!)
- Artichokes (for my Pesto Chicken Pasta and Tuscan Chicken)
- Frozen organic broccoli (4 individual packs in a one bag. Great for stir fry!)
- Ground bison
- Sprouted pumpkin seeds (Go Raw)
I also get VSL-3, which is my favorite probiotic with 112 billion cfu per capsule. Be sure to ask the pharmacist for it. It’s not prescription but it has to be kept in a refrigerator.
A few more things that I like but didn’t get include:
- The Wild Tuna is great as we use it for these tuna cakes. It’s almost $5 for one can at WF but here it’s $14 for 6 cans.
- Kind Bars with only 5 grams of sugar tastes like a candy bar!
- Nut exactly is fun gluten free sweet treat with 8 grams of sugar per serving.
- Hemp Hearts have all of the essential amino acids and good healthy fats. These are great in smoothies, muffins or even oatmeal they are great when trying to get in extra added healthy fat and or protein.
And a few other things I found…
- Honest company shampoo and body wash is ranked 1 on EWG.
- I really don’t know anything about this protein powder but thought it could be a good option for someone looking for a plant-based protein powder.
- My daughter looking at me like I’m crazy.
- Crunchmasters crackers are a great tasting gluten free cracker.
And last but not least… how could we not get Tate some Tate’s Gluten Free cookies??
What things do you love from Costco?