Having company over for Memorial Day? Fresh out of the oven, these crispy buffalo wings are so good no one will even know they are gluten and dairy free and made without nasty inflammatory refined oils. This is one of our favorite party or holiday foods from Super Paleo Snacks. I hope you love them as much as we do. Have a fun and safe Memorial weekend everyone!
Be sure to pat them dry to ensure that they get crispy…
Crispy Baked Paleo Buffalo Wings
Write a review
- 2.75 lb raw chicken wings
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne (optional)
- ½ cup butter or ghee
- ½ cup Pete’s hot sauce
- Set the wings on a few paper towels and pat dry.
- In a freezer bag, combine the arrowroot, salt and garlic, and cayenne (if using) together.
- Add the wings to the bag and shake until they are well coated.
- Set a wire rack on a baking sheet, and place the wings on the rack.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator for 1 hour to help the wings absorb the spices and dry out so they won’t end up soggy.
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- After the hour of refrigeration, bake the wings for 20 minutes. Turn the wings over and bake for another 20 minutes.
- While the wings bake, in a small saucepan, melt butter (or ghee) and stir in the hot sauce until well combined.
- Set it aside.
- As it sits, it will thicken up which will add more flavor to the wings.
- Take the wings out and cover them with the sauce and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Broil them for the last minute or two to get them extra crispy.
- Makes about 25 wings so serves 2-4 people depending on if this is an appetizer or part of the main course.
Stir It Up! https://stiritup.me/