I know it’s a little late in the season for burgers, but we made some this past weekend and I just had to share. I love burgers because are so easy to make and so versatile. While this Thai cilantro burger has been a staple for us for quite some time, I was ready for a change. And what a great change it was!! Introducing our new staple, the Cilantro Lime Bacon Chicken Burger (that’s a mouthful). Hope y’all love them as much as we do!!
I cooked a few on the cast iron skillet in bacon grease and Scott threw some on the Big Green Egg. I didn’t think they’d be as good on the grill because, well, it is hard to complete with cooking something is bacon grease, but they really picked up a nice smoky flavor.
Wash and chop your cilantro. Then mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl…
Cut your bacon in half. Then heat your cast iron skillet on med-high, and cook until bacon is brown on both sides (about 8 or so minutes). Turn the heat off and put the bacon on a paper towel and keep the grease in the pan.
By the way, mason jars rock! Little things like this make me so happy! I don’t know why it took me so long to get organized…okay I do know…but thanks to my creative friend Liz, my life (and pantry) is finally a little bit more organized. Thanks Liz!!
- 2 lb ground chicken (we used half dark meat and half white meat)
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes (or powder)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 and 1/2 limes (approx. 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 tsp pepper red chili
- Wash and chop your cilantro.
- Then mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Cut your bacon in half, then heat your cast iron skillet on high, and cook until it's brown on both sides (about 8 or so minutes).You can skip this part if grilling.
- Then, turn the heat off and put the bacon on a paper towel and keep the grease in the pan.
- Make small patties, a little larger than the size of golf balls, with your raw meat.
- Then heat your cast iron back up on high and carefully place the patties in the bacon grease.
- Cook until brown (about 3-4 minutes) and then flip.
- Now turn your stove down to medium low and cook until the burgers are no longer pink for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add your bacon on top, some guacamole, tomato, or whatever you prefer and enjoy!