Remember when PF Chang’s first opened up? What did you remember most about them? Yep, that’s right, those yummy lettuce wraps. I use to love those things!
Anyway, tonight I thought I’d try to recreate and them and honestly, from what I remember (it’s been a long time), I’m not sure these tasted the same, but regardless, they were really good!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 package of fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped (I used the TJ’s prepacked onion, shallots, and garlic)
- 1/3 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 5-8 drops stevia
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (or powdered)
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic (or powdered)
- 1 tbsp sherry or white wine
- 2 tbsp gluten free Tamari soy sauce (Whole Foods or Publix)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (from Whole Foods. You can also just add another tbsp of Tamari)
Next, cook the chicken until almost done. Then add all of the ingredients to the pan with the chicken, stir and cook for a few more minutes on low. Lastly, wash and peel your iceberg lettuce, serve & enjoy!