I know it has been a little while since I’ve posted but it’s that time of year again for Fall pictures. Got your holiday card picture yet?? I sure don’t! I can take other kids’ pictures all day long, but ask me to do my own, (well aside from a blog picture here and there) and forget it! Anyway, I made this Warm Buffalo Chicken Slaw meal the other day and feel in love. It was a pretty random group of things I threw together so before posting it, I wanted to test it out again, just to be sure it turned out the same and I still loved it. And the good news is I do still love it! And it was so simple to make (since I had cut my chicken ahead of time and used pre-cut cabbage) that I was able to make this before even leaving the house this morning at 9:00am.
Scott, Tate (nothing is too spicy for this kid, well, except maybe this), and I loved it. Alice thought it was too spicy. The good news is it is easy to adjust for yours or your family’s taste buds just by altering the Pete’s or whatever hot sauce you use. It’s good with. or without it! And, it’s very flavorful so you can cater the spice to your own liking. I hope you guys enjoy it!
We usually make our own mayo but with Sir Kensington’s simple, non-gmo ingredients and without added sugar (like most condiments), some might even consider this somewhat paleo (well, almonst). I got the mayo idea from Julie over at PaleOMG. I love that she thinks outside of the box sometimes. We can get too caught up on things like “Is it Paleo or not?” or other food “rules” when sometimes, all we really need to do it listen to our own bodies, and well, just obey that…
- 1.5 lb chicken or rotisserie chicken
- 1 lb cabbage (precut organic from Whole Foods)
- 1/4 cup pete's hot sauce
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sir Kensington's Chipotle mayonnaise
- 5-7 scallions, center part chopped
- 1-2 tbsp avocado oil, for cooking chicken
- 2 tbsp butter for cooking cabbage
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and chop your cabbage if you didn't take the lazy way out like I did get.
- The heat large pan on high and add your butter or avocado oil and chicken. Cook until the chicken is brown and add your Pete's hot sauce (or whatever you prefer), salt, garlic powder, coconut palm sugar and paprika.
- Then add the chopped cabbage and apple cider vinegar and stir well. Or just cook the cabbage with 2 tbsp of butter if using a rotisserie chicken.
- Turn the heat down to medium and allow to cook for about 10-15 minutes (stirring fairly often so the cabbage can be cooked in well) or until your chicken in no longer pink in the middle.
- Turn the stove off and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Then add your Sir Kensington's Chipotle Mayo and 2 tbsp of avocado oil and stir well.
- Garnish with scallions and enjoy warm!
Sarah - Great, easy recipe. Made it last night for dinner and my peeps gobbled it up.
landriav - Yay! So glad yall loved it Sarah!! Thanks for telling me!!