This is probably one of the easiest recipes I make, and thankfully everyone in my family loves it. While we used a seafood medley that consists of shrimp, scallops, calarmari, and muscles (which I pick out and eat separately because I love them and the family doesn’t), you can use just shrimp or just scallops if that suits your fancy. I get this from the frozen seafood section from Whole Foods, and they have lots of variety. When I saw the price, I was plesantly surprized but assumed it must be farmed seafood. Turns out it was all wild! And it’s such a good mixture. I’m telling you, this meal is restaurant quality, but for only a small fraction of the cost.
All you need to do is let the seafood thaw the night before or set it out a few hours a head of time. Then put the seafood in a strainer and rinse it off. In a large pan, melt about a tbsp or two of butter with minced garlic, then add the seafood (some white wine if you’d like) and let it cook for about 5 minute or until the seafood is no longer transparent. Then, I’ll add your favorite spaghetti sauce, ours is Rao’s, and that’s it!
For the kids and hubby, I add some gluten free pasta (we like this one), and I’ll just eat it plain or top it over some cauliflower rice. Yum!
- 1 lb pack of frozen seafood
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp of white wine, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley, garnish
- noodles or cauliflower rice
- Thaw seafood night before by putting it in the fridge or even about 3-4 hours before by setting it out.
- Place seafood in strainer and rinse.
- Heat large pan on high, add butter and minced garlic.
- Then add seafood (and white wine if you want) and cook for about 5 or so minutes, while stirring often, until the seafood is no longer transparent.
- Add it to pasta, cauliflower rice, or eat it plain (my preference).
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Terri Smith - Love Super Paleo Snacks Recipe book. I have struggled with colitis for 9 years and after my remission have had a bad relspse. I have to make changes especially at my job. These nutritious snacks have replaced the poor choices I was making. Back on track and feeling better.
landriav - Terri, that is so great to hear You are feeling better!! It’s so great to be able to take control, isn’t it? And it helps tremendously. And thanks for the kind words! All the best! Landria