My kids have really amazing teachers this year so wanted to do a little something different rather than just buying a gift, so of course, I decided to cook. And it had to be festive! I love nuts year round, but something about the smell of roasted nuts, with something sweet, this time of year just puts me in the holiday spirit. Anyway, I’ve never roasted nuts before so thought I would try and I think, they turned out really well! By they way, I used raw pecans, but think this would be great with almonds, walnuts, or even a mixture. Here’s what you need for my Cinnamon Roasted Nuts :
- 2 cups of raw pecans (Trader Joe’s has great selection)
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 2 tbls raw coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tbls pure maple syrup
- 1 tbls kerrygold butter
Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Put 1 tbsp of Kerrygold butter on a hot cast iron skillet.
- Add nuts and continuously stir until brown. Then set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, lightly beat the egg white. Then add water, and beat until frothy but not stiff.
- Then add the remaining ingredients to the egg/water combo and stir.
- Add all the nuts and stir until well coated.
- Now spread evenly a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
Joanne - The blog is cool
landriav - Thanks!!