I was at Trader Joe’s earlier today and ran across these cool things….Kale Sprouts or also called Kalettes. Whole Foods carries them as well. Anyway, I love finding new things that are both simple and delicious! They are tasty like brussels sprouts but are super nutritious like kale. And, all I had to do it wash them and then add some oil, salt and pepper! Perfect!! I didn’t even cut them in half or cut the steams off like I do with brussels sprouts. Maybe I should have, but then they wouldn’t have been as simple to make and tonight I needed quick and simple. But honestly, I don’t think they needed to be cut.
Look at that color? They are just brimming with antioxidants!!
I love these! I hate to admit it but Scott and I ate all of them before the kids got home from playing. So I can’t say if they liked them out not (sadly we didn’t save them a single one!) but Scott and I loved them!
I love the dark purple!
Enjoy this simple side and have a great weekend!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bag kale sprouts
- 1 tsp rock salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse kale sprouts in colander and dry well with paper towel.
- Mix melted coconut oil with the sprouts in medium bowl and then add he salt.
- Cook for 20 or so minutes (turning them so they can cook evenly) until they start to turn brown and get crispy.
- Once almost done, turn the oven on broil to 500 degrees for about 3-5 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately!