Hi all! I know it’s been quite awhile since I’ve posted but I’ve got some new favorites that I really wanted to share. For this post, I’ll start with our enchiladas. I hope y’all like them as much as we do!!
So for years I’ve looked for a good clean gluten free enchiladas sauce and it just didn’t exist. At least, I couldn’t find one if it did. But recently, I found one from Whole Foods (365 brand) and the whole family is so happy about it! This has become one of our go-to Thursday night dinners. It’s pretty bare bones which makes it super quick and easy to make. You could add sautee onions, cilantro, etc but I keep it pretty simple. After all, I did say it was a Thursday night meal. 🙂 Also, I used the Siete tortillas and to be honest, my family didn’t love them, not until this dish at least. They all said this was better than going to a Mexican restaurant! It really is! But really you can use any tortillas you like.
This is all you need…Just three simple things!!
It’s so simple, Alice has even made it a few times…
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 1 jar enchilada sauce
- 8 tortillas (we used Siete)
- shredded cheese, optional
- salt, as desired for the ground beef
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Brown your meat in a large pan on medium heat.
- Add 1/2 jar of sauce to the beef and mix together well.
- Spray large glass dish (9x13) with oil (we used spray avocado oil).
- With a big spoon, place about 1/4-1/3 cup meat sauce in a tortilla and repeat until you've used all of your sauce/tortillas.
- Wrap the tortilla and carefully lay it in a big glass dish face down.
- Once you’ve wrapped all of your tortillas, pour the other half of the jar evenly across the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle cheese, if desired.
- Bake for about 20 min or until the top starts to brown.
- We used Siete's Almond tortillas but any other kind of tortilla would work.
Hope y’all had a good Halloween!! From my 80’s girl and Dwight Schrute from The Office….