Last month I talked about our new favorite kitchen appliance, and it still is…well except now the ice cream maker may have taken precedence. But regardless, we’ve been having fun using our spiral vegetable slicer. Recently we made a pesto pasta with our “zoodles” and everyone loved this dish. It was REALY good! I hope you like it too!
Paleo Pesto Pasta
- Here is what you need:
- 4 zucchini
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter or ghee
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sun-dried tomatoes or fresh tomatoes for topping
- Start by making your zucchini "noodles" with your veggie spiral or slicer (you can peel them first but we chose not to do this). Then sauté your zucchini noodles in butter/ghee until they become a little brown and soft. It will probably take about 10 or so minutes. Add some salt and pepper to taste. While that is cooking (be sure to stir every couple of minutes so it doesn't burn or stick to the pan), in a blender, add the pesto ingredients, blend on medium for about 20-30 seconds or until you get the pesto consistency you want. Place your noodles on a plate, add the pesto, garnish with sun-dried tomatoes or fresh cherry or grape tomato halves and enjoy!