What I love about this recipe is it tastes just like a supreme pizza with the bell peppers, onions, sausage and cheese. It’s SO full of flavor! Scott and I especially love it.
By the way, I know everything isn’t organic in this picture but you do what you can and sometimes a second grocery store just isn’t in the deck. And you really can’t beat the precut veggies! Oh and I forgot to add the parsley, garlic and salt to the picture but you get the idea. They’re all pretty simple, easy to get ingredients.
I tend to chop the veggies as small as I can. It helps on nights when you know the kids are going to be picky!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used some grass fed butter too. Probably would just use all butter next time)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 large eggplant, chopped
- celtic sea salt to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Wellshire turkey sausage
- 2 zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato or a can of chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut up sausage and cook until brown. Set aside.
- In a warm pan add olive oil or Kerrygold butter and sauteed the eggplant, mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Then add the onions, and pepper only for 2-3 minutes.
- Tossed sauteed veggies with 1/2 can tomato sauce, chopped tomatos, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, sausage and zuchinni. Put it in glass dish and add the other 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Cook on 375 uncovered for 30 minutes.