Well, summer is over, but I am really on a burger kick lately. I am loving bison, chuck, sirloin, (I’d like to try lamb soon) whatever. And I always make enough so we can have leftovers for a day or two after. They make for an easy, portable, quick snack. Tate has one for breakfast this morning!
Anyway, the only thing this burger was missing was some avocado. Fortunately, we made some more recently and I got my avocado, and also, I got to sautee some mushrooms and onions in the Kerrygold butter with celtic salt and pepper and yum, it was sooo good!!
Burgers are so easy to change up, add different spices, and different condiments so each time it’s a different meal. Here are just a few ideas for next time:
- Trader Joe’s no nitrate pork bacon
- Avocado or homemade guacamole
- Mushroom and onions sauteed in grass-fed butter
- Tomatoes (thanks for the beautiful tomato Leslie!)
- Parmesan cheese (sometimes) or blue cheese
- Spinach or lettuce
- Or portabella mushrooms (you won’t even miss the bun!)
Click here to see some other good burger ideas.
Summer may be gone, but the grill is still here!