For my wonderful husband, I wanted to make a special birthday breakfast so thought I would try my hand at pancakes. Thanks to Stephanie and her fun blog, The Health Honey, I got some great ideas on the key ingredients which made this so yummy!
Here’s what you need to enjoy a gluten free, protein packed, low glycemic, low sugar, healthy, yummy breakfast:
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup almond butter (I use Trader Joe’s raw w/ sea salt)
- 1 /2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Celtic salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp coconut flour (Whole Foods or vitacost.com)
- Coconut oil
4. Put about 1 tbsp coconut oil into large flat pan on medium low or low heat.
5. Put a dollop of the mixture (soup spoon size) into pan.
By the way, does everyone know the peanut butter or almond butter trick, so you don’t have oil on the top and have to stir it every time you open it? All you have to do is when you first open your jar of natural nut butter, stir it well with a butter knife, and make sure you get the bottom, drier part. Then, put the lid back on and turn it upside down on the counter. Leave it there overight. The next day, open the container, stir one more time, and you’re good to go. Now you can refridgerate it and not have to worry about the oily stiring again, until you buy your next jar!