The best gift I ever got my husband was a Big Green Egg about 8 years ago. It was definitely a win-win. He loves to grill, and we love to eat everything he makes on the grill! But as much as we, well, actually just Scott, cook(s) on the grill, we never made wings and I have no idea why. That was such a mistake but glad we have rectified it.
Anyway, as some of you may know, once I find something I love, I tend to make it over and over and over again. Lately, my obsession is wings. While I’ll bake these wings from my book often, it’s hard to compare with Scott’s wings on the grill. They are so CRISPY and tasty and even good leftover the next day!
There are many fun wing varieties but to keep it nice and simple, this is Scott’s go-to recipe. I hope you guys love it as much as we do! Happy summer grilling!!
Clearly Tate loves them….I think he got a hold of about 7 before we even sat down to dinner.
- 3 lbs buffalo chicken wings
- 1/3 cup Tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2.5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp white (or black) pepper
- Light your grill and let it get to 350-400 degrees.
- If you're using a Big Green Egg, put bricks under the grate to raise it higher.
- In a large metal bowl, place chicken wings and tamari.
- Use your hands to make sure wings are thoroughly covered with tamari.
- Then in a small bowl, add your salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Then pour the seasoning in the bowl of chicken and use your hands to combine and make sure it's evenly coated with the dry rub.
- Cook until golden brown.