So I had some questions from the last post regarding the serving amounts for each of the smoothie ingredients. Below are just suggestions so feel free to do your own research.
The recipe calls for 1 pound of chicken breasts, but instead I just used a rotisserie chicken. Thanks to Whole Foods for saving me time and from having to cut up raw chicken. Raw chicken is the worst.
Next week I’m going to post one of our favorite meals. I would love to hear about your favorite staple(s). Please share! I need new ideas!!
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 1 tsp salt 1/2 pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed (or 1 lb rotissiere chicken)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon honey
- dash cayenne pepper
- chopped cilantro and scallions, for garnish
- Place a large pot over medium heat.
- Add ghee and then put the onion and carrot in the pot and saute until onion becomes translucent, at least 5 minutes.
- Then add in chicken and garlic and cook chicken until it's no longer visibly pink (or just add your shredded rotissiere chicken in and cook for just a few minutes), about 7-8 minutes, then add curry powder and mix to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, coconut milk, honey, salt and pepper, and mix to combine, then let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the mixture has reduced by a third.
- Garnish with some fresh cilantro and scallions and enjoy!