So it isn’t paleo, but it is still a HECK of a lot better for you than the traditional cookie dough. If you like cookie dough, then you’ll like this. Scott still wanted me to bake it, so maybe it’s a girl thing, but I don’t think he really got the whole just eating cookie dough concept. I thought everyone loved cookie dough! Anyway, I had never made a dessert before out of beans, avocado, yes, but beans no.
Anyway, this was inspired from a blog called Chocolate Covered Katie. She has some interesting and fun ideas. I can’t wait to try more of them for the kiddos!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz, drained)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp nut butter (If you use peanut butter, you can taste it a little, so if you don’t want this, just sub for palm shortening or coconut or olive oil.)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup raw coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp flax meal
Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a food processor, and blend until very smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips and enjoy!