To announce my new web site! What do you think? Take a look around! It’s still not perfect, but hopefully it will make searching for recipes much easier. In fact, when I used it today, I went under “treats”, to “chocolate chip cookies”, and there was the recipe. It was so cool! You can even use the search function on your phone. This will come in handy for the grocery store! Anyway, I still have a long way to go on it. I want to make it a little more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, tie up the loose ends on certain functions, etc. but I’d rather you be able to find your recipes than have you wait for it to be perfect. That might take awhile…
Oh, and to celebrate, we made this wonderful grain free Apple Crisp! Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I used Honeyville Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp Kerrygold butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 7 small apples or 5 medium apples
For the apples, I used about 7 small apples from the honeycrisp bag at Trader Joe’s. We peeled them….
and then cut them in half, again and again length-wise. Place them on a 8×8 pyrex baking dish, or a 7×11 dish and spread them out.
Then, to make the “crisp”,
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut palm sugar
- In a small bowl, combine oil, honey and vanilla
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Crumble topping over the apples
- Cover and bake at 350 for 50-60 minues on a low rack
- When apples are soft and their juices bubble, remove cover and bake 10 more minutes to brown crisp.
Enjoy the apples, and the new site!!! Oh and by the way, if anyone has any constructive criticism, I’d love to hear from you since I’m still working out the kinks. Do the pictures look like the right size, is the font hard to read, is it easy to post a comment 🙂 or is there anything you think the site needs? Thanks!
Lara Hall - Love the new site!
landriav - Thanks so much Lara!
Karen Patten - This looks fabulous!
landriav - Thanks Karen! We LOVE it!!
Joan - Love you recipes!! We have recently gone grain-free and are always looking for new recipes. I would suggest you add a print option to your site. It would save a lot of time copying ouit. you recipes by hand. Thanks and keep up the great work!