I can’t believe I haven’t shared these Pumpkin Bars with you guys already. I really thought I did. Anyway, I told my son I might try to make these for him today since it had been so long, and I got a “mom, pretty pretty please make the pumpkin bars!” I forgot just how much he LOVES these things! (OK, I love them, too)
These pumpkin bars are not only yummy but they are also full of protein, good fats and lots of fiber. They make for a great snack!
We wanted to make these bars a little more portable so we cooked them in muffin tins. If you do the same, be sure to cook them for only 25-30 minutes.
As he sat there eating the pumpkin bars, he actually said “Mmmmm, I’ve got 7 more to go”. While he didn’t eat them all, well in one sitting, this snack really is his ALL time favorite!!
My friend and co-worker Stephanie Finn took this picture recently of her favorite pregnancy snack, even though she had the baby last spring. I think she still likes them….
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- handful of chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients (but walnuts) until well blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
- If you bake them in cupcake holders, then cook them for only 25-30 minutes.