This broccoli casserole isn’t Paleo, but it is grain, gluten, wheat and sugar free so to me, it’s the perfect splurge, not to mention, I just love it. It’s what my grandma Alice use to make when I was little and have had it every year ever since, with a little bit of modification. Here’s what you need:
about 6 cups of broccoli
3/4 cup Greek yogurt (2% Fage or Whole Foods)
1/3 cup mayo (Olive Oil Spectrum from Whole Foods)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
1 cup cheese (Trader Joe’s no rBST) , 1/2 cup for the top
What to do:
1. Bring a pot of water (filled about 2 inches with water) to a boil.
2. Add broccoli and cover so it can steam for about 8-10 minutes.
3. Strain the broccoli and mix with the ingredients above.
4. Pour into glass 8×8 dish, add the rest of the cheese on top, and cook on 350 for 25 minutes.
5. Turn to broil and let cook for 5 more so the cheese can brown.
I hope y’all enjoy this as much as I do!
For the rest of the meal, I’m going to do “fried” okra, my cauliflour mash, roasted brussel sprouts, green beans (from yesterdays’s post), 1 Big Green Egg grilled turkey, 1 slow cooked turkey, a chocolate pie, and some sugar cookies. Check back tomorrow for these recipes!