So…I just got the totals for my book sales, and I am beyond thrilled. As of just last week, the marketing team from my publisher has just begun their efforts, so I have to assume so many of those sales are from y’all. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your support!
To celebrate my book sales, my new site layout (what do you think?) and Valentine’s Day, I wanted to do a giveaway as just as a simple thank you!
To enter the drawing, all you have to do is enter your name in the comments section below. The winner, chosen at random, will receive a copy of my book, Super Paleo Snacks, for Valentine’s Day. The giveaway is for US participants only (sorry!) and will end on Valentine’s Day at midnight.
Also, to celebrate Valentine’s Day, I wanted to share with you another recipe from my book that includes THE BEST tasting (paleo) cupcakes you will ever eat, bar none. No one will know these are gluten free, dairy free, and low glycemic. Oh and they’re nut free so safe for any school! With the addition of the psyllium husk powder (Whole Foods, Amazon, health food stores), the texture, taste, and consistency is to die for, and the frosting is one that is super easy to make but not easy to stop eating. These would make for a great Valentine’s Day treat, or even a nice Valentine’s Day breakfast (similar to donuts but way better for you!).
Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day!
We used some fun sprinkles without artificial colors and colored only with beet juice….
- ● ½ cup coconut flour
- ● 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- ● 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- ● ½ tsp celtic sea salt
- ● ¼ tsp baking soda
- ● 6 organic eggs, room temperature
- ● ½ cup grass fed butter, melted
- ● 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Then in another medium bowl, beat the egg and then add in the melted butter and vanilla. Once that is mixed together, add it to the dry ingredients bowl and combine.
- Next, either grease your muffin pan or use muffin liners. Then fill each cup about
- two- thirds of the way full. Cook for 20 minutes or until you can stick a butter knife in the center of the
- muffin and it comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely and then add chocolate frosting.
- ● 6 tbsp coconut milk, full fat
- ● ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ● 1 tsp vanilla
- In a metal bowl, pour the chocolate chips and set the bowl over the a sauce pan with boiling water, and let the chocolate begin to melt. Then, stir in the milk and vanilla. Just before all of the chocolate is melted, remove the bowl from heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool for approximately 5 or so minutes. Then top the cupcakes with frosting using a butter knife.