Buying that big green egg for my husband really was THE best give I ever got him. Who knew years ago he (or me for that matter!) would love to cook! Anyway, Scott said this weekend for dinner that he’s “got this.”. Okay! And I have to say, I wish you could smell the marinade he made. It was incredible!!!
Here’s what he used:
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves (can use 2 teaspoons dried oregano instead)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Here’s what he did:
1. Finely chop the parsley, cilantro, oregano, and garlic. Place in a small bowl.
2. Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings. Serve immediately or refrigerate. If chilled, return to room temperature before serving. Can keep for a day or two.)
3. Once the mixture was ready, he poured half of it in bag and let it marinate with some tri tip (sirloin, flank, skirt, etc) for about 4 hours. It’s great with any meat! Then of course, he grilled it to perfection. Good “smokey flavor”, as usual. 🙂 If you have an egg, you know that word well.
4. Then, we just used other half to top on meat and it was amazing. I actually will use this for next time on top of my salmon. It would be good as a topper on any meat or veggie really. The kids will eat it by the spoonful!!
It’s ready to marinate! You can just tell it’s going to be good by the look on his face, can’t you?
I need to ask him exactly how long he cooked it and at what temperature. So, if you’re interested in the grill details, let me know and I will get the scoop from him.