It’s gotten really cold outside today, well, at least for Atlanta, and after being out there this morning working, I wanted some warm comfort food when I got home. So, first I had some left over chili. When I made it this time (using this recipe), I used sweet potatoes (instead of peppers) that I chopped (using our Cuisinart ) and sauteed with some coconut oil. I just used onions and sweet potatoes for the veggies to go with the meat and it turned out amazingly well, and was really satisfying!! Oh, and add some cooked bacon bits in with the chili pot and you have a whole different meal. I might have to make this again for Halloween night!
Then, while we were sitting outside carving our pumpkins today, and making seeds (recipe from last year), I thought my kids and husband (yes I was only thinking of them…it had nothing to do with my sweet tooth.) would like a warm sweet snack or some cookies. We have a busy day so wanted to make something fast and this is what we came up with and oh my…they really hit the spot!!
I just made a small batch (this makes about 9 cookies) you could easily double, or triple the recipe to have more for the week, or to freeze for later.
Snack Cookie Recipe
Here’s what I used:
- 1 cup Bob’s Mill quick cooking gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup of nut butter of choice (We used almond but Alice loves with peanut butter. Use sunflower butter if you have allergies)
- 1/2 cup of raw coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (not light, and make sure there aren’t any added ingredients)
- 1/2 cup 70% cacao dark chocolate chips
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- touch of vanilla
These were a big hit here!