My husband, Scott, loves his coffee and a good homemade muffin. I have been actually waiting for an excuse to bake Elana’s zuchinni muffins ever since I tried them at a friend’s house about a year ago. And now, I don’t know why I waited so long! These things are so so good, and thankfully, he liked them so much he ate six for breakfast! Besides the Cinnamon Bun Muffins, these are his other favorite.
I used Honeyville Farms (my favorite almond flour) for these, which I’m almost out of, again. Luckily, I just received an email from them today stating that now thru tomorrow (6/19) 6pm PCT, they are offering 10% off everything. The email says to use the code “PAPA” when checking out. I need to get on this!
Here’s what you need for the Zucchini Muffins:
This is a double recipe so feel free to cut in half, but you can always freeze if you have extra. We did not, even though it makes 18! My son loved them too, for what it’s worth…
- 3 cups almond flour (Honeyville is our favorite)
- 1 cup Flax Meal (You could mix the two “flours” in any proportion you want, or just use almond meal)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark raw honey or coconut palm sugar
- 4 large omega- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini (approximately two small – medium sticks)
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/2 cup currants or dried cranberries (I used Eden’s sweetened only with fruit juice from Whole Foods or online)
Mix the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and set aside. Then, mix wet in a small bowl. Combine the two bowl, stir until smooth, and, then put into paper lined muffin pans, and bake for about 25 minutes at 350. Allow to cool, and enjoy!
After some scrambled eggs and muffins, he was off to show the kids some Jujitsu moves, which is a part of their weekend tradition. Notice he even pets the dog while Alice is doing the “crazy horse” move and Tate is joining in the fun of whooping dad. What a good guy…
Happy Father’s Day to my sweet, patient, kind, and loving husband.