Unfortunately, the biggest obstacle to eating healthy is cooking. I don’t mind cooking, but the time just isn’t always there. Anyway, when I know I’m going to have some hectic mornings (more so than usual) in a week, I’ll make these on Sunday. Then, I can just pop a couple in the microwave for a few seconds, grab a napkin, and I’m good to go!
Here’s what you need:
- 8 free range omega-3 eggs
- 1 tbsp grassfed Kerrygold butter
- bacon or sausage, cooked ahead of time
- onions, chopped
- spinach, chopped
- sundried tomatoes, chopped
- mushrooms, chopped
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- some cheddar cheese (optional)
- foil baking cupcake liners
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Preheat overn to 350.
2. Whisk eggs well in a large bowl.
3. Heat pan, add butter, and sautee veggies and set it aside.
4. Cook bacon, sausage or ham, chop it up, and set it aside.
5. Mix everything together in bowl with eggs.
6. Spray cupcake holders and pour in eggs about 1/2 the way full. I filled mine to the top because I only had a 6 pan muffin tin when we were out of town so that is why these look so big.
7. Cook on 350 for 20 or so minutes or until you test with butter knife and it comes out clean and enjoy immediately, or later on!
Makes approximately 12 egg muffins.
By the way, I tried these without cupcake liners and actually used a good amount of coconut oil or butter, but they still suck to the tins so had to use a butter knife to get them out. So if you don’t have the liners, it’s not a big deal, just a little more of a pain.