So, I use to love Twix candy bars, and, perhaps, the occasional Snickers. Then, I went Paleo so no more Twix or Snickers 🙁
As a substitute, I came to love almond Kinds Bars (the Dark Chocolate Sea Salt was my fave!) and Primal Chocolate Almond bars. Now, (for me) no almonds because I developed an intolerance. But I still love chocolate. I may be addicted to Enjoy Life gf/df Dark Chocolate Chips. But, sometimes just chocolate chips don’t get it done; I need a little extra crunch and texture.
I use to get a small handful of dark chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds and have that. And while it’s good, there is something a little more naughty about melted chocolate. I’m not sure why but now, I realized why would you not melt chocolate when you can? So, I found a solution. It is quick, easy and a great little snack. I know, what…chocolate for a snack?? But it’s only 5 grams of sugar and better than most snacks/treats out there! And, it only takes 90 seconds to make!
You ready for this recipe? I know, it’s almost too simple to post, but I bet you haven’t tried it before. Anyway, here you go…
- 1 tbsp of dark chocolate chips in a cup or small bowl
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Stir in whatever you want (I typically like to just keep it simple and add my pumpkin seeds (about 2 tbsp), hemp hearts (about 1 tbsp) and some course sea salt. Sometimes I’ll add some (1/4 tsp or less) psyllium husk powder for extra fiber.
Done! Got it? Feels like it should be harder, doesnt it?
Here are some other things to go with your melted chocolate:
- Sunflower seeds
- Almonds, cashews, pistacios, or any other nuts or seeds
- Shredded coconut (for immediate burning energy)
- Dried fruit (or fresh)
- Peanut butter
- Almond or Cashew or Sunflower seed butter
I hope you have a happy Halloween and get to enjoy some good chocolate!!